Indian Head Massage
incredibly relaxing therapeutic treatment
All inclusive £25.00*
Indian Head Massage
Indian head massage, also known as champissage, originates from a hair treatment incorporating massage, used by Indian women to maintain the condition of their long dark hair and to protect it from the drying effects of the sun. Oils are massaged into the scalp and pulled through the hair to add to the overall therapeutic effect of the treatment.
Apart from the obvious benefits of an oil treatment through the hair, the massage itself helps tremendously by improving circulation to the scalp, thereby stimulating hair growth.
The upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face are worked on during the treatment using a variety of massage movements.
The treatment can be carried out using dry hands with the client fully dressed, sitting on a low-backed chair. Alternatively, oils can be used to increase the benefits of the massage. Upper clothing will need to be removed and the hair will be oily following this treatment.
Indian head massage works on the whole body and is classified as a holistic treatment. The physical, psychological and subtle levels are treated, working on the chakra energy to strengthen, decrease or balance as needed.
Traditionally there are seven chakras - these are the energy centres of the etheric body. They are beneficial to the well-being and are the only way of uniting the individual soul universal consciousness. There are many chakras situated throughout the body, hundreds in fact, however in Indian head massage work is primarily carried out on the three higher chakras, the crown, the brow (third eye) and the throat.
The stress of modern life can impair the chakras' ability to synchronise with each other and they may become unbalanced. Using Indian head massage and working on the upper chakras, energy can be re-aligned and harmony restored. You may be asked to visualise the colours relating to the chakra or imagine the chakras as spinning wheels with energy moving between them.
This treatment results in a de-stressing programme for the whole body.
- Blood flow is improved to the head and neck bringing with it oxygen and nutrients to nourish the body’s cells and promote healing.
- Lymphatic drainage to the head and neck is stimulated and increased and waste materials from the body are eliminated more efficiently.
- Relieves muscular tension and improves muscle tone.
- Improves mobility of joints.
- Greatly helps to ease headaches and migraine.
- Relieves mental strain and aids concentration.
- Relieves sinusitis and congestion.
- Scalp massage relieves tension from the scalp and increases blood supply to the area, thereby improving the condition of the hair and increasing the rate of hair growth. Revitalises the whole body.
- Alleviates stress, anxiety and depression.
- Helps the body to achieve a state of equilibrium, a balanced feeling of peace and harmony.
- Clears the mind.
- Re-balances the flow of energy through the body.
- Stagnant energy is released.
* Please note that fuel costs will be added for all mobile services - Contact us for details.
We DO NOT offer erotic or sexual massages in any form.
Please respect our staff and do not request them.